Parent Activities Committee (PAC)
We are the Parent Activities Committee of Highlands Elementary! We love our children coming to Highlands and help put on the fun, entertaining, lively activities throughout the school year! We need many hands to help our programs run smoothly. Please help us help our kids! There are many ways to get involved. We love when extended family and friends help out too!
1) Collect those Box Tops! You know all the products you buy that have those Box Tops on them? When you're done with it, cut those labels off and collect them at home! Each Box Top is worth 10 cents! In the past, we've raised hundreds of dollars to help pay for programs all by each Box Top adding up!
2) Parent coaches-- have you heard of Odyssey of the Mind? This creative, problem-solving club requires the students to solve a problem and present it at the competition in the late winter. Parent coaches help the kids each week, and without Parent Coaches we don't have a team!
3) Donations-- Are you good at networking with businesses and our community? Highlands is always looking for sponsors for programs and activities. Know a business that will offer a donation for a raffle? We'll take it!
4) Events-- Harvest Festival in October, Outdoor Movie Night in October, Holiday Happening in December, Family Fitness Night in February and Science Fair/Expo in April. All of these events can't happen without parents helping organize, strategize and pitch in.
5) Classroom Parent-- have time to help out in your child's classroom? We'd love to have you! Can't make it in during the day, but are willing to help out from the comfort of your home? We'll find something for you to do. It could be helping with a reading group, or cutting out stencils for a classroom activity. The possibilities are endless!